Friday, September 28, 2007

Dave Gamble, Acting Manager, Absenteeism Department, Sonalksis

Where did I go?

I'm a little embarassed by having disappeared for so long. Truth is, I disappeared to Cuba for a few months, with a huge bag full of cash (with SWAG on the side), to smoke VERY fat cigars, and get a suntan. (Chris Randall sussed me out!)

Ok, no, that's actually not the truth. That's what I /wish/ was the truth. I moved house.
Moving house proves two unique problems for me: 1) I have studio kit and 2) I'm a hoarder.
The new studio is set up now, and I've treated the room to be within 7dB at 1/3rd octave measurement at the sweet spot. I chucked out LOTS of junk, but still managed to fill a 6'x6' bookcase with the excess. And another 6'x2' bookcase. One day, I promise I'll throw out all my old papers, but I just don't have the heart to right now. My thesis draws ever-closer to completion, and, frankly, the idea of throwing away anything I've printed out terrifies me. I bought a laser printer some years ago. Best investment I have ever made. I print things out a lot. I'm not good with screens and understanding what's going on - which is why I'm such a moron to talk to on MSN.
Unless it's code. That's not an invitation for people to MSN me in C++.

The new place is a LOT nicer. My girlfriend and I got a place together, which is a little scary (first time for me!), but it does mean we can have a REALLY nice home! (she's a graphics designer... did I mention that? Flukey or what eh?) I may even post some photos.

So, to the interesting (and less rambling-idiot-stylee) news...
2.04 is in beta at the moment. Lots of fixes and improvements for all sorts of obscure cases.
Improvements across the board for: 315Mk1, 517Mk1, 315Mk2, 517Mk2, 719, FreeG, CQ1, DQ1...

As you may have gathered, there is to be a range of Sonalksis Mastering plugins. There's been a LOT of work on that. They're not quite in beta yet, I'm still making some alpha adjustments, and incorporating a few last features. They'll be in test within a month tho, and you can rely on the beta group (who just go from strength to strength. I fear them) to make em lovely.
There will be (I can officially announce) StereoTools (TM), MaxLimit (TM), MultiLimit (TM), and Ultimate-D (TM).

Hopefully the names are reasonably self-explanatory. Ultimate-D (TM) is, obviously, a Tenacious-D (TM, but not ours!) tribute plugin, and makes you feel like Jack Black (TM, his own).

I'm going to stop talking about those now... comments guessing what they do are invited :)

I'll post more shortly :)

Dave.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not going to make any outright guesses about functionality (although we know there will be limiters), but when I see the terms Max and Multi, I have a warm fuzzy feeling that you are going to go up against a certain unnamed US/Israeli plugin company on territory they previously "owned", and this can only be good.

About all the other stuff - you're entitled to a break (not that moving is in any way a "break"), and it's very very nice to hear about your new home and also very nice to see you back. All the best in everything.

Anonymous said...

Nice to see this kind of big news.

Don't understand what is Ultimate-D though ^^.

Anonymous said...

Hmm...one notes you have created a transient designer for Superior Drummer. Mebbe that's Ultimate-D?:)

Anonymous said...

I really appreciate the informations which you provided in this topic, it's really very useful to everyone..
=====================================
Jack Anderson,

Highly relevant, efficient advertising to forum, blog, wiki and other types of web sites. Drive large number of visitors to your website and build quality links. http://widecircles.com