Friday, December 15, 2006

It is done.

I have been quiet recently, no?

That is because I have been working night and day... in some cases THROUGH the night (such as this week, when I was building a multiresolution fourier analyser...).

Mark 2 is complete.

SV517Mk2, is, in my totally non-humble opinion, the finest EQ you will be able to find. I can't see anyone who is serious about their music 'getting by' without a copy. It sings.

SV315Mk2 is the compressor of my dreams, and hopefully that of many other people's too.

SV719 is probably the most interesting and flexible gate out there... and if you remember my past in RTAS/TDM plugs, you'll know I've seen a few.

We've all worked SO hard on these plugins that it's been physically, mentally, psychologically and SPIRITUALLY exhausting. This evening I built the installer to send SV517Mk2 to join the other plugs in beta. Reports are good, and I've only a handful of cosmetic bugs to clean up. Which I intend to clean up tomorrow. Manuals are underway. The website is being updated. The release date is set.

And yes, it's before Xmas, just in time for you to all get a nice present.
Existing users get a cheap upgrade price too...

I am excited, relieved... amazed that we've pulled it off... and very eagerly looking forwards to the reviews! No stone has been left unturned in delivering solidly pro products.

Pheww. Now for a nice cup of Chai tea, and a good listen to my mate Harry Coade's remix of "Danger in the City" by Roy Young, featuring Snake Davis...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh! Mark Two's, eh? Interesting to see what's gonna be new.

I'm guessing it's some spiffy new algorithms going on?

In any case, here's an official "Dave Rocks This Week!" shout out for ya!

Anonymous said...

congrats!! all your hard work has most def paid off.

hope you have some well deserved holiday time off now that they're finished.

xxoo
k

Anonymous said...

Just saw a screenshot at http://gearslutz.com/board/showthread.php?t=99268.
Looks awesome Dave!!

Anonymous said...

So are they still coming up before christmas?

Anonymous said...

Hello peepz,

Yep, release will be before x-mas, UNLESS something really weird happen (the escape of Saddam Hussein from prison or anything like in that caliber)..

;)

JFN, Sonalksis

Dave Sonalksis said...

Yep, still before Christmas.
I've been munching through the buglist today... down to my last 5-10 bugs (pending investigation)... :-)

But that's enough work for today.
This evening, pub! :D

Anonymous said...

My favorite pluggin company !! Way to go guys. Can't wait to get MK2.