Tuesday, August 22, 2006

VST2.4... the saga continues

Hey,

Well it's all good news over here now... but there was a scary moment earlier...!

Like probably everyone out there, our plugins are VST, with interfaces to convert to AU, DX and RTAS.

When I did the port, I had to fix loads of stuff in the interface code... everything went fine... except... RTAS... Digi (who rock) provide sample code for how to write a VST->RTAS interface layer, and it passes through "Draw" and "Mouse" messages to the VST. However, the interfaces it was calling no longer exist in 2.4, so I figured it would sort itself out, and just took out that code.
It did not sort itself out.

So, I had to paste in the old handling code to the top-level of the GUI implementation (which the RTAS interface has a handle to), and put the old code back in. It's not evil, because I'm adding the old code back in _in my code_, rather than in the VST libraries, and because it's still absent in lower layers, noone gets hurt! :)

Little bit sticky... but essentially 10lines of code pasted into a headerfile, and the world was well again...

Phew. Well. I've finished the 2.4 upgrade... what shall I tamper with now... hmmmm...

No comments: